The Economic Association of Namibia together with Renewable Energy Industry Association of Namibia (REIAoN) launched a study on Utilisation of Energy Storage Technologies in Namibia. Find the presentation by Dr. Detlof von Oertzen via the download link.
- Energy storage technologies add value to local Renewable Energy (RE) ENDOWMENTS.
- Increasingly cost-effective storage further incentivises the uptake and use of solar PV and wind.
- Namibia must prepare for the arrival of cost-competitive storage tech, incl. the legal, regulatory and statutory provision.
- Energy storage is expected to affect the business models of all electricity utilities.
- Namibia's storage market is small - solutions that reduce the cost of energy hold further potentials